Monday, October 29, 2012

A very quet weekend....almost!

My husband and I had a peaceful weekend. We slept in and got some things accomplished around the house. We are having our bedroom and bathroom renovated in a couple of weeks and we had fun talking about that.

Saturday afternoon my son called and told me that my uncle had gotten angry because my son didn't put his clothes in the dryer and left them in the washer overnight. He said my uncle cussed him and yelled. There must be a little more to that story that didn't get relayed in my son's translation of what happened. I have never heard my uncle cuss or yell. He is usually a very laid back guy. I don't think my son smarted off to my uncle, I think he would be afraid to. My uncle is a big man who raised a lot of hell when he was drinking and he has a reputation of being someone that you don't want to mess with. 

Anyway, my son said he left the house and walked into town, about 3 miles away. He called back to the house and apologized for not getting his clothes to the dryer...or whatever his true transgression was. He said that he thought everything was okay between them now. I told him that he did the right thing by walking away from the situation. Better to walk away and let things cool off than end up homeless.

He will be there with my uncle until this construction job is finished at the end of November. His plan after that is to buy a vehicle and move in with my parents and get a job. He tried living there before but it didn't work out. My dad can be very opinionated and  overbearing. What is says goes, regardless.

He has quit suggesting that he come back to this area. There is really nothing here for him but trouble. I know he can find trouble anywhere but if he does at least I won't have to be close enough to watch it happen.

I am finding peace in the fact that I don't dwell on what he may or may not do in the future. In fact I really don't dwell on what he is doing today. I resigned that job about a year ago now!

I hope you all find some peace of your own this week.

2 comments:

  1. That phone call back to the uncle is huge. Not getting defensive and telling him to f-off and storming away breaking ties....all of that is huge progress. He sounds like he is doing pretty good. He has a plan, he is out of his usual area...and you always sound really good, level and practical. I love it. It always encourages me. :o)

    ReplyDelete