Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The love is unconditional....not the trust!

I had another good weekend with my son.  My work took me near where he is living again so I picked him up and brought him to town. He offered to take the bus back and even pay for it himself! He asked me what his son needed for my house and that he wanted to buy whatever was needed!

He has agreed to help pay for daycare at least one week a month. Currently my grandson's step-Nana and I are covering it.

Who is this guy! He is the son I raised to be a responsible person that contributes to society! I like this guy.

Can he stay at my house? No.....

We talked about this over the weekend. I don't trust him. I told him that I don't trust him and that a couple of good weekends don't make up for YEARS of reasons not to trust him. I love him with all my heart and soul. I would still step in front of a train to save him but do I trust him? No way!

He had a good visit with his son, his brother and sister-in-law.  His grandmother came over to see him and the baby. He stayed sober. It was a good weekend. I pray for many more good weekends.

Peace and prayers for us all. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Annette, take what you need. I am far from perfect at this game. :-)

      Delete
  2. You are doing so well and so is he. It really is just about common sense. You got it. I am so happy to hear that you are able to spend some quality time with your boy. Don't let your guard down. Trust can't be regained over night. It soulds like your son is on the right track. Hopefully it will only get better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you are enjoying your son and I fervently hope the good stuff continues.I agree about not letting your guard down. My son was asked to leave our home last Wednesday. Monday morning, he asked me if I would drive him to work. I told him ok. Well, foolishly, I let him in the house and he asked for a cup of coffee and to use the bathroom. I left the kitchen for a SECOND and he took my last money from my purse. Further, he unlocked my bathroom window and yesterday, broke in and stole his sister's x box and games.
    He's been playing the suicide manipulation card for two days now that he got his drugs but has no where to live once they are gone. I explained to him that ever coming back to my home was completely off the table. I asked him to make a call to a place where they were holding a bed for him and he kept him hawing that he did not have access to a phone ( he only has text messaging on his phone) . He didnt seem to be losing his text ability so I know he was somewhere where he could charge the phone .I sent him one final message yesterday that I would not file a police report on his theft but I wanted no contact with him at all. I told him I love him but that this is all on him now.
    I had a good night's sleep last night. Instead of having the crazy, hysterical night of worry I would have had in the past, I let go. I feel good and I am not afraid to say I do.
    Of course, this morning I also put my husband's fender strat in my trunk and told my daughter to be sure to take her laptop to school with her. I checked all the doors and windows and told my daughter to check again before she leaves.
    Small steps.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big steps or small ones, they get us where we need to be. I locked my car and put my purse in my bedroom and checked it often while my son was in my house. I imagine that I will remain on guard with him for a long while. I am sorry that you and your family are going through this. We have been in your shoes and I so know how you feel. Please try to take some time to take care of yourself.

      Delete