Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Blessed

I enjoyed another good weekend with my son, his son, my oldest son, his wife and even my daughter showed her pretty little, semi-independent face. We all gathered at my mom and dad's house with most of my siblings, their spouses and children.

It was wonderful to watch my three adult children enjoy each other's company. They laughed so much during this visit. I started to feel that some of the hurts between them were beginning to heal. My daughter-in-law even joined in. My son stole money from her purse during one particular episode just before he left the state and this was after my older son had gone and gotten him out of jail and allowed him to "sleep it off" at their house. So, her forgiveness is huge.

My son was attentive to the needs of his son. They were pretty much inseparable during their time together. My son even allowed the grandson to sleep on the air mattress with him on the floor instead of with me. That is how it should be.

It was a beautiful fall weekend in the hills of the Ozarks. The trees were at their peak fall colors. My parents live in the country in a valley surrounded by all of this fall color. When we pulled up to their house on Friday night we saw 5 deer in their front yard. Pretty awesome!

I lived there for years and took all of this beauty for granted. I try not to take anything for granted anymore. Not my health, not my children's health and certainly not my son's sobriety. I intend to enjoy each day of it with him.

Today I feel particularly blessed!

2 comments: