Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another young man falls victim to opiates.

A friend of my husband's called him today because he just learned that his son is addicted to Oxycontin. He stole his mother's credit card over the Thanksgiving Holiday and stole checks from his grandmother. This young man is 24 years old. He is very talented and very bright as most of our addicted children are.  His family is offering to get help for him but he is not open to the idea.

Again, I have to say that I hate being the go to people when someone has a kid that falls into this path of destruction but I am glad if we can offer anything that might help them at this time.

It hurts my heart to think of another family going through what our family has gone through.

Please add this young man and his family to your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. They will be in my prayers too. It is so sad that it never seems to end.

    ReplyDelete