Monday, November 19, 2012

Oh why did I answer the phone!

me - Hey how are you?
him - almost not audible, "I don't know"
me - what's going on?
him - "I don't know"
me - what happened?
him - "nothing I guess"
me - Did you hear about your job?
him -" no, I am afraid it didn't go how I thought it would."
me - Why? If they sent you for a drug test they want to hire you.
him - "I'm afraid it didn't go the way I thought it would."
me - Why?
him - "I don't know."

him - "have you heard from A?"
me - Not since yesterday. Why?
him - "I have a feeling she isn't going to let D come with you"
me - Why?
him - "I don't know"
him - "I have another phone call, hold on"
me - OK

me - so who was that?
him- "a debt collector"
me - you have a lot of unfinished business to take care of. It is not going to disappear.
him - "I know"
me - I love you. I'll see you on Wednesday.
him - "I love you too"

Still thankful he is where he is instead of where he was.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sickening feeling. ((hug)) to you mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I have to say that I read your earlier post too....I am glad that you put both of these out here within hours of each other, because this is life with a child who is addicted. Even in recovery, each moment is unpredictable for a very long time afterward. This is reality. And its ok....its part of the process of moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, isn't that the truth? Either high or low. There doesn't seem to be much in between. I just have to remember to not let him pull be down with him. He made this mess and he is the one who will have to deal with it. I am out of the fixing other's mistakes business (or at least I am working hard at it).

      Delete