Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving Day will so different from Last year.

Last year was spent in a quiet and reflective mode. My son had just gotten into a rehab, my older son and his wife were with her family. My grandson was with his mother. It was a rather somber day for me.

This year I will be in the midst of all my siblings (4 sisters and a brother) and their families, my parents, my children, husband and my grandson. There will be close to 30 people there in all. We will laugh and tell stories about growing up in such a large family. We will celebrate the fact that we are all able to be together in the same place again. It will be loud and we will have a great time.

My son is still struggling and probably will for some time. But, today he is sober and is struggling with a clear mind and some determination to make things better.

For this I am thankful.

Hope you all find some peace this Thanksgiving.

















No comments:

Post a Comment