Friday, October 28, 2011

Mind Your Own Business!

That is what I am reminding myself to do today. The reason is, the last time my son came to my house he left his pay check stub and I found it on the floor of the room he slept in. He earned only half of what he told us he is earning. This means that there is no way that he can afford to pay the rent on his apartment, pay utilities, eat and pay his child support. I know child support is being paid, he still has a place to live and doesn't look under nourished. Of course my mind went into over-drive imagining what he is doing to pay those bills. My fellow POAs know exactly where my mind went with that.

Finally I just told myself that it is not my business. I had to repeat this several time before I could let it go. If he is doing something illegal he will get caught eventually and he will have to deal with the consequences. If he has a second legitimate job that I don't know about then good for him!

Today I am letting go and letting God deal with this. It is not mine to worry about, fix or deal with. It is none of my business!

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Great for you! When I learned to mind MY business I found my stress level went way down.

    ps.: If you were doing something wrong and could get in trouble do you think your son would be losing sleep and worying about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, That is a very good point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be darn near impossible for me to ignore that. Good for you. I have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not ignorable. I am very aware what the possiblities are. I am just accepting the fact that there is not a damn thing I can do to change it or fix it. So, my choice is to let it go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,
    Good for you! I am glad that you are working on your serenity. Trust me, it's priceless!

    ReplyDelete