Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Manipulation?

My husband and I have had plans to go out of town for music festival for several months now. This is an event my son would love to go to and frankly if he was sober I would love for him to go with us. He asked me to buy him a ticket when he was here over the weekend. His birthday is tomorrow. I told him I didn't want to buy him a ticket and he got in a huff and couldn't understand why I wouldn't shell out $150 and provide him transportation and lodging to go. As I blogged earlier, he was high when he was here. He also found out yesterday that the girl friend knows that he stole her money and medications.

We are supposed to leave today, we ARE leaving today. My son calls this morning saying he needs to get into rehab, today. When his dad asked what made him decide to go today, he hung up the phone and turned it off. I called and found a place that can take him today. It is a 30 day program. I called and left the phone number and told him that if he calls this morning and they will let him come in (he may need to go to detox first) then I will take him.

My thinking is that the ball is in his court. There is nothing I can do if he doesn't make the call. I shouldn't cancel my plans to do something I have been planning and looking forward to just to sit by the phone and wait to see what he does, right? He will be 23 years old tomorrow. Time for him to step up and take care of this himself. Right?

5 comments:

  1. Terri? Go and have fun. Doublemlock your doors and have a neighbor watch the house. You are completely right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I needed some reinforcement. I know I am right but it feels good to have some "veterans" back me up. As luck would have it we are having a rainy spell today so we postponed our trip until in the morning, which is fine with me since we will be tent camping. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally off the subject, except that I agree with both Ron and fractalmom...but, I am desperate. Does anyone know where I can find rehab services for my son who has no insurance? We are in middle tn and have been on waiting lists for a couple months now, and the last hope has been put off. I am afraid he is going to die. I have the lists from the E.R., (three of them) and they have been of no help. Thanks for any and all information you can give me. Still hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, absolutely! Have fun! He needs to take care of himself. He was able to father a child without your help, he needs to get himself together and step up to the plate. He needs to do this. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete