Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No News

I haven't heard from my son in over a week now. That is probably the longest period of time that he has ever gone without sending a text or trying to call. I did miss a number from a strange phone number, I guess that could have been him.

He did call his dad on Sunday to ask for $20. His dad has been staying with a friend since the separation in a city near where we both work and about 30 minutes from our home. This happens to also be around the corner more or less from where my son is staying. However, on that day my husband was here helping to do yard work. He refused to give him the money, I heard him thank our son for mowing the yard and helping me while he was here previously. Nothing was said about me making him leave because he was high. His dad also asked how a job interview went last week. We all know how that one goes, "I think it went pretty good. They are supposed to call me next week".

I found an empty vodka bottle in the room he stayed in overnight. He hid it in my grandson's drawer of all places. Why not just throw it away?

The mother of a drug buddy of his stopped by my house on Monday for a few minutes and said that our sons had been together over the weekend.

By all accounts, he is spiraling back down into the abyss. I wish I could throw out a life preserver but I can't. He is the only one that has the right to do that and the only one who owns the life preserver that will fit him.

I am going to say a prayer for him and all of yours and then get ready to face my day.

2 comments:

  1. "I think it went pretty good. They are supposed to call me next week".....our son is going on six years and no job...

    I will also say a prayer for your son and a prayer for you as well.....heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, dear Terri. Sometimes it just seems too much to bear. It is just not fair. We as parents feel so much responsibility for our children and their actions, it's so hard to shed this feeling. You are doing a remarkable job taking care of yourself. I wish I was close and could give you a hug. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete