Friday, May 24, 2013

I have only received a text from my son since he left my house on Monday evening. I learned from his dad that he was "let go" from his job because according to him they couldn't afford to pay him. I don't believe that. They just promoted him and gave him a raise, surely the business owners know what their budget is for salaries and wouldn't offer someone a raise if they couldn't afford it.

In my heart I know that it is the same old thing. He quit working his program and either started coming in late and disheveled or didn't come in at all because he was high or passed out.

He learned on Sunday that his dad and are separated. I told him that it is really no one's fault more than the other and that we are talking and are going to start couseling as soon as we can get in. He took it harder than my other two children. He wanted to know details and when I told him the details weren't for him to know he got angry and called his dad to find out WTF is going on. His dad told him the same thing.

On Monday he sent me several texts asking me to bring home some beer. I told him that I didn't want alcohol in the house and asked him to please respect that and understand. I told him if he was drinking that he would need to leave the house before I got there. He denied that he was.

He had mowed the yard, cleaned the kitchen and when I got home helped me pull the pool cover off. I knew there was something amiss with him. He couldn't focus. When I confronted him he got very agitated. That is when I told him he would have to leave.

He had tried to help with all the "things Dad would be doing if he were here". I know he was trying in his own way to take care of me. I'm just sorry that he got high and I had to make him leave.

The text he sent just said, "I guess I will stay out of your business from now on. I love you".

I told him that I love him too.

I haven't tried to contact him and he has not tried to contact me. I figure when he spends all of his last check that he will be calling asking for money, favors, minutes on his phone. I will be sad to tell him that I can't do it this time.

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be headed to the western part of my state with my grandson this afternoon to go to my nephew's high school graduation.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh...been there done this so many times, as have you. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this would stop for all of us. I am sorry about your separation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've experienced this too many times over sigh......

    I so hope that you enjoy the graduation this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry about your separation. Our differences over how to handle the situation was very hard on our marriage as well. One thing that helped me to forgive my husband is realizing that he an I often felt the same way but at different times.

    ReplyDelete