Sunday, March 10, 2013

He's tired

We saw our son yesterday. He looked good, seemed happy to see us, he told us he was tired. Tired of running away, tired of ending up in the same place every time. He is very concerned about getting into chem free living. He knows he is not ready to do it without help. I have hope that this is so.

He talked to his dad and me about the BS another guy in there was talking. "He is only saying that shit so that his grandfather will let him come back home." My husband quickly responded, "You did the same thing". My son hung his head kicked the dirt and agreed that he did.

He will be released from the treatment center a week from tomorrow. I hope that he gets into chem free living.

I hope he is tired, I hope he is done, I hope he won't go back there again.

Where  there is life there is hope!

6 comments:

  1. I have thought so many times that my son was done well mainly because he told me he was. I really believe he means it when he says it.

    One day our boys will really be done....maybe for both of them the time is now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori. I know you are dealing with some of the same things that we are. Full of hope that they are both done!

      Prayers for you, your family and your beautiful son.

      Delete
  2. It is so easy to be doubtful but they only have to mean it once. Profound experiences happen everyday. I use to tell Alex that every single day thousands of people make that decision to end this way of life. All I am doing is waiting patiently for your day.

    Where there is life there is hope. Think I heard that somewhere before. But you know, there is a lot of truth in those words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that he gets into the chem free living program. It sounds like he is willing and that is THE most important thing! It also gives me hope . This is the second blog with good news that I have read today. I needed them as my hope for my son's recovery has been slowly fading lately. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((((HUG))) Teri. I love what Ron said, "They only have to mean it once."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I have hope that this IS the one time that he means it!

    ReplyDelete