Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy 2014

I have been MIA for a minute or two. First thing, does anyone that uses Blogger know how to remove someone from your reading list? I am getting all kinds of advice about things I am not interested in reading from someone but I can't figure out how to hide or delete them.




Okay, here is what has been happening in my life. I had a great holiday with the family that was available to me. I took the law school admission test, LSAT, on January 4th and I did okay. I was the only person in the room wearing reading glasses and I was one of the few in the room who wasn't hyperventilating. I don't think I really want to go to law school but it is nice to know I could get in if I wanted to.


I am unemployed for almost a month and haven't slowed a bit. I thought I would take a couple of weeks to rest and take care of me. I have been taking care of me but I haven't really rested. I have had my grand kids with me on weeknights, I have started cleaning and organizing my house, I have done more reading of things not related to addiction and I have started working out again. I am starting to feel human again. I will have to go back to work in the next month or so doing something but this time has been invaluable for me.




My son managed to convince a rehab to admit him so that he could get out of jail. He had several call me about payment. I told them all that we don't have the money to invest in treatment again. We are still in debt from the last couple of go rounds. I assured them that we love him very much but we have nothing more to give other than that love and hope that he will make a change.


One guy called to ask me about my son's drug history. I recounted it as best I could. He told me he was looking for the truth because my son told him that this was the first time he had been in trouble and he was suspicious that he wasn't being honest. I told him that I was suspicious that my son was only interested in getting out of jail and not so interested in treatment.


Is that wrong? I really think that he is manipulating the system to get out of jail. I don't think he is going to learn anything except he got away with something. I know that he will be on probation and will be drug tested etc. It is just mother's intuition that he is not ready. I HOPE that I am wrong.


He can't have visitors for 30 days. We can write letters but no phone calls. I'm not stressed over that. I didn't go see him in jail.....he didn't even ask that I come visit. I haven't seen him since October right after his birthday. Right after he shot $1000 up.


Since my name is on is lease I will have to talk to the landlord about the lease. I think that they will let me off if I just clean the place up and get it ready for a new renter. After I get out of this I am going to call it a lesson learned. I won't quickly sign my name to anything for my son.


Oh, I forgot....his apartment was broken into and everything of sort of value was taken. It ransacked. I was able to get in by the landlord and look around. There were still some needles there, a couple of capsules that I think contain heroin.


Anyway, today my life is sunny. My son is alive and I have hope that he will take advantage of that.


Take care!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have had people call me for payment and *guilt* me for not being willing to pay...wrong move at this point in my journey! "What if she dies, you will live knowing that you didn't do everything to save her. Can your other daughter take a semester off of school so those funds can go toward treatment for sick daughter?" Hell NO! I am not asking one of my other kids to sacrifice one more minute for her.
    It was incredibly infuriating. It must have been some sort of a broker or something. This was months ago now......she ended up putting herself into treatment that our health insurance covered. I had nothing to do with it.
    Anyway....you can go to law school if you want to! My holy heck! That is amazing! Doesn't that make you feel good? That is huge! Even if you never go, you know that it was an option.
    I am so glad you have had this time to center yourself and even though its been busy, it sounds like its really been wonderful and very grounding for you too. I am so glad you wrote here today and shared with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and as to the blogger issues....we all are having the same issue. I have deleted that blog and several others that have been taken over by spam, but they don't go away. I just scroll past......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, thank you for both comments. Thank you for all of the encouragement you have given me. I don't think I would be at this point without my blog family! :-)

      Delete