Wednesday, January 22, 2014

You never really get used to it...

I went to clean out my son's apartment today. I'm glad I had some time with a couple of friends of mine before I went. It made my overall day much nicer.


I only threw up two times. Once when cleaning the dishes out of the kitchen. I didn't wash them I only tried to rinse them off as well as I could with only cold water. At one point I reach in and grabbed a greasy mess of something. That was the first time I got sick.


The second time was in the bathroom. I knew it was bad but I started thinking about how a female, addict or not, could stand using that nasty bathroom. I'm not usually that weak stomached but today was really hard.


I really think that it is cleaner now than when he moved it. That is just my OCD. I can't stand to leave a nasty place behind.


And what is with soot marks through the entire apartment??? Why can't they designate one room to do drugs in? I know, none of it makes sense.


I'm glad I did an initial go through and threw a bunch of stuff away.


I'm just glad this is over. I will not put myself through this again. Pinkie swear!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Moms do what moms do. Sometimes you smile, sometimes you throw up. Take care of yourself and know that every one if us was with you today in that apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done it more times than I care to admit....always say I won't do it again. But I do...like 7 times now. Sigh. Take care of you. Do something YOU like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this time will work. Long term is usually best. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tamped down the bile in my throat cleaning up after my son more times than I care to count. I'm glad you're done my friend!
    P.S.
    Even though you did some gross stuff today, you have sounded so much better in your last few posts! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last time I was in my daughter's apartment cleaning it up I felt exactly like that, especially when I saw the make shift bed at the foot of the bed she shared with her boyfriend. I could only guess as to what that was all about, but I knew it wasn't good. I found out later that it was where their "drug dealer" slept. All this useless information, I still remember it. Sheri is right, though, you sound much better and long term is the key. Hopefully he gets it this time. We are all pulling for him.

    ReplyDelete