Saturday, January 25, 2014

I didn't mean to sound cruel...

I realize my last post probably sounded a little cruel. Maybe even a lot. I don't know what kind of place my son is in and I am not sure if he needs what they have to offer. The person that spoke to me said that they use behavior modification as a treatment modality. I know very little about that process. I know what behavior modification is but have never seen it in practice.


The little grin was for two reasons; 1) That I believe he manipulated his situation to get out of jail without much thought to where he might end up. So, in my mind, by manipulating the situation you get what you get. 2) I didn't resort to "rescue  mommy" mode and immediately see what it would take to get him out of there. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me.


So, if that was the first post that you read of mine, please know that I am not an uncaring mother who is glad my son is suffering (if indeed he is0. I believe whatever he goes through in that facility is a far cry from the suffering that he has been going through for the past 7 years while addicted to opiates.


I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We have sunshine here in Arkansas today and I think we are even going to get above freezing for a few days.

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I totally got it! You are such a kind hearted woman....no one would or could think any different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it too! If anyone thinks that you're uncaring (after the whole apartment thing and everything) then they have no idea what you're are living and should just shut the heck up.

    I am in awe of your strength and courage.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry,
      I got a little misty when I read your comment. I don't know that I have strength or courage. I think that I have finally accepted step one! It really relieves me of a lot of stress. Thank you!
      Terri

      Delete
    2. I wish there was a "like" button for this. :o)

      Delete
  3. You are doing wonderfully. I don't think anybody here would mistake you for one second as being cruel. You and most of us are just getting a thicker skin, which is really a life saver. We have to protect ourselves any way we can. We all know what a caring mom you are and what you have been through. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete