Thursday, August 22, 2013

He is changing locations.

I don't know what prompted my son to decide to leave the shelter he is in now or if HE actually did the deciding. He sent me a text this morning to tell me that he is going to an all male shelter that is designed for men in recovery. I don't know if it is a part of the place he is in now or what. It really doesn't matter does it? It is his live and his decision. I just hope that it is a good one for him.

He changed jobs recently. This time he did it the right way. He gave notice and even got a recommendation from his former employer. The restaurant he is working in now is closer to the place he is living and he is getting more hours. I took him on Monday of this week to pick up his last check at the former place and took him to cash it. He gave money to me to give to his son's mom. This is the first time in months that he has done that. He had the  money to give to the shelter and seemed pretty pleased with himself that he was able to take care of his responsibilities today. He told me that he cooked breakfast for the residents of the shelter last Sunday.

I am glad that he seems to be doing well for himself. I hope that it will continue to.

On a side note. I picked my grandson up on Monday and he spent the night. He is almost 3 years old and was very interested in helping me bring the trash cans from the curb to the garage. He pushed this one all the way up the driveway by himself. I love this age!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome about your son...perhaps the tides of his life are changing. There has got to be a huge amount of pride for him being able to give money to his son's mom. I will be praying that he will continue to move forward on this new path. Your little grandson is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete