Friday, August 9, 2013

He resurfaced!

My son told his dad that the reason we couldn't get in touch with him is because he ran out of minutes on his phone and had to buy more. I don't know, sounds plausible.

He contacted his dad to ask for a ride to work on Wednesday. I guess he lost his bus pass or it had expired. He and his dad made arrangements for my son to pick up the bicycle that we had for him. They met outside my husband's work yesterday. My husband said other than looking "scruffy" from not shaving and not wearing decent clothes he seemed fine. He was clean and didn't look like he had been high. He told his dad that he had saved a bit of money from his check and that he was going to mail some to his son.

My husband says that he feels like our son is really trying to do better. I don't know. I feel like we have been fooled so many times that I don't want to put much stock in anything he tells us. When he is able to show that he is doing these things then I'll believe it. Seeing is believing. At least that is how the saying goes.

Hubby and I are headed to the lake for the weekend. I may try to sneak out of here early. Shhhhh! Don't tell. ;-)

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with your hubby at the lake. I'm glad that your son surfaced! I'm praying for him :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have fun! You are on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good, accept what you are given from him and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete