Monday, July 29, 2013

A Sunny Sunday with my Son

I had my precious grandson at my house from Friday afternoon until this morning when I took him home to his mom. He will be three years old in a couple of months. It is hard to believe that he has been part of my life for that long and at the same time, I can hardly remember a day without him in it.

On Sunday I had all my kids at the house for at least part of the day. That morning the grandson and I went to pick his dad up at the homeless shelter. The were both so happy to see each other. They laughed and played all morning and up until the time that my son had to leave to get back for work.

My husband drove him back while I stayed and visited with my other children and my granddaughter.

Later that evening my husband told me how hard it is to take our son back to the shelter. It is hard for me as well. I told my husband that I have to remind myself that we didn't put him there. We gave him chance after chance after chance after chance......well, you know what I am talking about. He will just have to pull himself up out of this by himself. We can love him and be supportive of his efforts but that is all that we can do. I am just thankful that he has a bed to sleep in at night and at least a couple of meals a day.

So, with that said, I'll just be thankful that we were able to enjoy a beautiful, unusually cool July Sunday afternoon together as a family.

3 comments:

  1. A good beautiful day. Those are gifts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a good sign that he actually went to the homeless shelter. It shows some humility and some willingness to live within someone else's set of rules.

    ReplyDelete