Friday, June 17, 2011

Getting Over Another Hump

I don't know how many times I have said, "If he could just get over this hump I think he will be okay." I feel like some days I have him on my shoulders trying to lift him as high as I can to help him get over but it just never seems to happen. We are at another crossroads today. He is doing really well with his job. He is getting a raise soon and has taken on some new responsibilities. He is paying his child support and being proactive about things like, finding an apartment, seeking an attorney that might be able to help get regular and consistent visitation with his son. He found an apartment and was able to get the electricity turn on in his name without help. The problem is the ER bill from last fall that I refused to pay. He hasn't paid it either or made any arrangements to pay it. Now it has been turned over to a collection agency and they are threatening to garnish his wages. Without his paycheck he can't afford rent or utilites and he won't be able to pay child support. We are not supposed to look at the past, only today, but it seems like the past comes back and bites him on the ass every time. I will talk to him tonight about calling the collection agency and seeing if he can work out some type of payment arrangement with them. My shoulders are getting very tired. I pray that he can pull himself over this time.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, he should all them ASAP and make some kind of arrangement. He can pay $15 a month or something small. I'd hate to see him have another reason to feel like things are not going his way when he's doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara. I appeciate you for commenting. I hate for him to be slammed again. He is doing better today than he has in.....well, years.

    ReplyDelete