Monday, February 17, 2014

Letters passing in the mail

I wrote my son a letter last week. I got one from him about the same time he got mine. Weird, right?


As I predicted he was asking about visits with his son, "If it isn't too much trouble", and, "Could you send pictures of Dante, if it isn't too much trouble". HA! I like the way all of the sudden he is considering if he is causing too much trouble.


I am still not sure what to do about visits with his son.


I just put a letter in the mail for him that tells him that another friend of his died of an overdose over the weekend. This guy had been sober for more than a year. He died on Friday.


This drug is so evil. It doesn't care who it takes down.


I'm tired................tired.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Terri, for what it's worth I think you should take your grandson to see his dad if at all possible. I have a little grandson close in age to yours, I think, he is 2 1/2 and so precious! I realize your grandson calls his stepfather "dad" and probably does not remember your son is his father.

    But even if he doesn't quite get the relationships, he'll know your son cares for him and that will matter. When he's older he'll understand the relationships.

    Just my opinion. If you think it will upset the little boy then of course you should not bring him.

    Little kids are smart and perceptive and remember more than we give them credit for. I'm amazed at what my grandson remembers and communicates, with his limited (but adorable) vocabulary.

    Take care, I hope very much your son stays sober and succeeds in this rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its evil, you got that right. I am getting tired of people who still think my son should just stop using, as if he wouldn't if he could. I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend...that scares the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While reading your other posts, I find myself being taken into a rollercoaster ride of emotions. This recent post, especially your honesty in telling us that you're tired, makes me all teary-eyed. You are brave and strong for carrying all these, but we all have our limits. I hope you and your family, especially your son, is doing okay this April. Stay strong, Terri!

    Scott @ MidWest Institute for Addiction

    ReplyDelete