Monday, February 3, 2014

The Beast

The beast claimed another life yesterday.....I doubt that it was the only one. The one we all heard about was a well known actor.  He is really no different than the ones we didn't hear about yesterday. The actor, just like our addicted loved ones, lived each day with that devil on one shoulder telling them to just pick up one more time, it'll be okay. And their conscience on the other saying, "Please, please, please don't do it!"

As I sit here this morning I am wondering, does the beast claim a life the first time an addict uses or does it claim the life after the addict is gone? From what I have witnessed with my son, the beast claimed his life the first time he put a needle in his arm and allowed the beast into his body. The beast has been the director, orchestrator, the boss of my son's life for the past 7 years. The beast has owned my son for that long.

Does the beast own him or is he merely renting out space? My prayer is that he is renting out space and that the lease has expired.

I hope you all have a great week and I pray that this is the day all of our addicted loved ones see their way out of the craziness.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how i feel for you! Now 13 years after my son died of a heroin addiction I have just come to grips with my recovery. I have also written a blog which follows some of the steps I have used to get here. This is a link to my blog. http://icrytoo2.blogspot.com/
    Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete