Friday, April 11, 2014

It HAS been awhile!!!!!

I just looked back and I haven't posted anything since February! It is not that there is nothing to talk about. I guess that I have been consumed with life. There have been a bunch of changes in last couple of months. I'll update you.


My son left the rehab he was in after about 45 days with his PO's blessing. His charge was to get in another rehab within 2 weeks. Well,  he took 1 week and 6 days. I finally ended up paying to get him in after having him in my house for a day and a half. The back story is that he called me and told me he was going the next day and needed a place to stay. I told him no at first and then told him if he could get a ride to my house that I would let him stay the night. His son happened to be here. It ended up being a great night. The next day I too him to the rehab, he went in and came out with a piece of paper and said he had to complete that and bring it back the next day and he would have a bed. Okay.


So, he got up the next day and said that just because he turns in those papers doesn't mean he will have a bed. I called him out on it. He of course got upset and went into addict mode. "You just don't want me here!!!! I'll just find another place to stay!!!!!" My 3 year old grandson said, "Don't you talk to Granny that way!!!! She is my friend ALWAYS!" I'm glad I didn't actually see the interaction. Just hearing it made me tear up.


The next day I called the rehab and told  them that I needed him out of my house and that I was willing to pay the fee to get him a bed. They told me I could bring him at noon the next day. We agreed not to tell my son that I had paid the fee again. So, I got him there and he is still there.


The other news is that my marriage finally collapsed. My husband admitted to be having an affair, admitted that he doesn't want to be responsible to or for anyone and he was moving out. What do you say after hearing that?


We have agreed on a settlement. I'll be moving on. I don't know what my future holds but I have learned to let go and let God! I have a good therapist. I get to keep the kids and grandkids. He gets to keep the girlfriend. I think I will come out on the positive side of this. I've started working out again, I have learned to enjoy my own company. I have friends that love me and I am reconnecting with them. My bio family is a great support system for me and my little sisters are planning a girl's weekend for me. I am a little afraid of what they have planned. :-)


I have cried my eyes out but have decided that this is where I am at and I'll be okay.


I'll try to do better to stay in contact.


I've been reading and trying to keep up with everyone.


I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Terry, I am so glad to hear from you. I am so sorry to hear of your marriage falling apart, but glad your son is in rehab. We are burying my stepson tomorrow, he died Wednesday of asphyxiation, a typical cause of death among drug users. They fall asleep and become unconscious, start vomiting and suffocate. He was only 21 years old. Tomorrow will be very hard. He is my husband's only child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, so sorry you're going through this but glad you got your son into rehab. I know it's wrenching when a marriage breaks up. It gets better with time really. Glad you have a great family and wonderful grandson. "Granny is my friend ALWAYS", how precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are going through all of this. It seems like just when we think it won't get worse it does. It is great that you have a good, strong support system.

    ReplyDelete