Monday, October 13, 2014

A Long Way From Home

I called in sick at work today. I know as tough as I try to be this will be an emotional day for me and dealing with the public would not be easy for me.


Today is my son's 26th birthday. I don't know where he is. I know that he was in town last weekend and made no effort to contact me or his dad. He called my grandson and promised to come and see him. In order to see him he must make arrangements for me or his dad to supervise. He called his dad and told him he would be in town and would like to see his son. As I've mentioned before, he hasn't contacted me since I refused to help him get here to see his son on the son's birthday last month. His dad told him that we would work something out. My son never responded.


I saw a post on FB by his girlfriend begging him to check in with her. I commented that her comment didn't sound good. She let me know that she didn't know where he was and that he lied about his whereabouts to her. I suggested that she concentrate on taking care  of herself. She said, "but I love him so much". I told her that I am his mom and no one can love him as much as I do and if love fixed it, we wouldn't be dealing with it now.


The girlfriend told my grandson's mom that my son has been doing his  usual. Stealing from roommates, being verbally and physically abusive to her. The girlfriend says that she tried to get my son to visit his son while they were in town and he wouldn't. My deduction is that he was too high to bother....but that's just me.


Anyway, it doesn't sound good. Today he loses his insurance coverage through his dad. His resources are dwindling.


Please keep my son in your thoughts and prayers. He is a long way from home in more ways than one.






5 comments:

  1. I will pray for him -- and you. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Addiction is a horrible monster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girl will turn 26 on the 25th of this month and will also lose her insurance. I have obsessed and tried to figure out a solution for her to continue to have insurance, until I realized I was the only one working on it, so I stopped. She will get medi-cal.
    I am so sorry you don't know where your son is. That is so scary. I am so glad you stayed home and did what you needed to do to take care of your own self. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always praying for our sons and daughters. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncertainty is a huge heartache Terri. You and your son and family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, I can so feel for you. I did not know for the longest time where my girl was. I pray that your son will find his way home. You are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete